To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I think I need to delete my account and start over.

Options
q1gonyc
q1gonyc
Community Member

App is working on my iphone but I'm unable to unlock it on my imac. I have my secret key and I'm positive my master password is correct (although I can't seem to lay my hands on my emergency kit) but I'm also unable to log into my account on the website. Can you help me with this please? Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:delete account

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @q1gonyc

Do you have a Primary vault on your iPhone? You can check in 1Password > Settings > Vaults. If you do, the password for that vault is the one that unlocks 1Password on that device, instead of your account password.

That may explain the discrepancy you're seeing.

Ben

• Rick1817
    Rick1817
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1 password a few years ago; When I try to log in I get an error reporting "1 Password is damaged and can't be opened. Delete and download it again from the App store". Second question, do I need to pay a subscription to continue using 1 password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rick1817: You can continue using any version you've already purchased, but you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

Regarding the app itself, you'll need to drag it to the Trash (DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove it), restart your Mac, and then install a fresh copy from the App Store (if that's where you purchased it originally — just make sure you use the correct Apple ID).I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.