Forum: missing bookmarks [known bug where bookmarks aren't updated when threads are moved/archived]

Options
411pass
411pass
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Lounge

I had a few saved bookmarks. The top of the forums shows "Bookmarks 7" but there are no bookmarks when I click on it. Where did they go?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @411pass,

It is possible those threads are no longer available. Mine shows 25 bookmarks, but if I go to the bookmarks page there is only one thread there.

Ben

• 411pass
    411pass
    Community Member
    Options

I am not a fan of data loss, in particular in a security oriented forum.

• MikeT
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @411pass,

This is a known bug in Vanilla forum where bookmarks aren't updated when threads are moved or archived, they do plan to fix it in the future.

As for our forum, we do archive the oldest threads every year, there is a lot of stale information that is no longer useful but we do move any good information into our support knowledge base as that is the primary source for up to date support information (in fact we use that to populate the search when you create a new support thread). In addition, this isn't a forum simply for security-related topics, the main focus is on supporting our 1Password customers and a lot of information is no longer useful after a year when 1Password can progress a lot. In fact, stale information can lead to confusion, mis-configuration and so on, which is why we archive them.

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello guys,

I just found out a bug here on the forum. As you can see on the provided screenshot, there are 4 bookmarks announced in the top bar, but if I click on it, I cannot see any. Maybe they refer to closed issues that are not displayed in the view?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ondrejfuhrer

I've merged your question with another thread on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• ondrejfuhrer
    ondrejfuhrer
    Community Member
    Options

Cool, thanks @Ben was not looking very hard for that :blush:

• Ben
    Options

No worries :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.