To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Why does 1pass always ask me to add an account that already exists as a login?

julesmarie
julesmarie
Community Member

I'm trying to figure out why I am prompted to add an account that already exists as one of my logins in my account. Every time I visit my banking website, 1password asks if I'd like to save the login even though I've had the login within 1password for years. How can I prevent popups for known logins?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password prompts me to add accounts that already exist

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@julesmarie: Without knowing the URLs you're referring to — both for the saved login and for the site you're visiting when this happens — it's impossible to say. The only thing I can tell you is that 1Password detects this based on the password: if a login item matching the address with the same passwords is not already saved in your vault (1Password needs to be unlocked to determine this) it should offer to save it for you. There can be false positives depending on how the site is designed, but we'd much rather 1Password offer to save your login credentials too much than not at all. You can always exclude specific sites from autosave using the "gear" icon in the autosave prompt, or adding them manually in 1Password Preferences > Browsers > Autosave. Hope this helps! :)

• julesmarie
    julesmarie
    Community Member

Cool! I’ll explore further to see if the sites it’s trying to add need to be updated and if not I’ll exclude the link. Appreciate the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That can definitely help, but seriously: if you're running into issues with specific sites we'll be happy to investigate. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.