Emergency Kit change after upgrading Individual to Families? [changing to family/team gives new URL]

btownguy
btownguy
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Families

I started with 1Password.com individual, printed out my Emergency Kit, and upgraded to Families at a later date. I got a new iPhone recently and when I went to sign in to 1Password, I scanned the barcode from my original Emergency Kit. It didn't like the web URL. Is it a best practice to re-generate a new Emergency Kit after upgrading from Individual to Families? If so, where can I get/see my new Emergency Kit?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@btownguy: Correct. While your Secret Key and Master Password will not change unless you change them, individual 1Password.com accounts use the following sign in address:

https://my.1password.com/

Whereas 1Password Families (and 1Password Teams) have a custom subdomain, such as https://our-1Password-family-page.1password.com/ — this way everyone in the family shares the same unique (to your family) sign in page.

I would say it's a good idea to update your Emergency Kit any time you make changes to your sign in credentials, just so you have all of the current information there if you ever need it in an emergency, just to remove any guesswork or having to recall changes you might have made under pressure. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply @brenty . Last question - how can I print out an updated Emergency Kit?

• btownguy
    btownguy
    Community Member

Please disregard last comment. I found it and have saved/printed out the updated emergency kit. Thanks again.

• @btownguy: Glad you were able to find your updated Emergency Kit and good on you for thinking to save a new one! I hope you enjoy your new family account and we're here if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.