Problem with filling login information

2629467a
2629467a
Community Member

Hi,
not sure if this has been posted before, but I didnt really know what keywords to search for. So: For some websites the extension will not work properly when I try to fill in login information. The red marked part will show normally for the correct information, but in the right column the green marked part is just not there. As you cant click on the left side to get to the details I have to search for it in the search bar then and copy manually the username and password. This is a bit annoying. If this is an issue that cannot easily be fixed, maybe make the part in the left colum a link to the details, so that you dont have to search for the entry via searchbar.

Edit: I am fairly certain that I do have logins saved for all websites where this is an issue (not memberships or something else). I am not sure whether there is a url saved in all logins though or if the url matches exactly the one on the login page. So if the url is an issue, please to think about adjustments there, as the main app works fine in the same instances, which leads to confusion.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ChromeOS 60.0.3112.114
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@2629467a: Thanks for letting us know! First and foremost, your version of Chrome is out of date, so make sure you update that (and have the latest beta extension too). But certainly if you're still having trouble with certain sites, be sure to give us the URLs so we can test them ourselves. And if 1Password is not recognizing that you have logins saved for a site when you visit, please let us know the URL you have saved in those logins as well. Thanks in advance!

• 2629467a
    2629467a
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

Please read what I wrote. The issue is apparently with logins, that do not have a saved url. The windows app recognizes the logins anyway and fills in the correct data. But the extension does not.
    The name of the saved login information is often the url, which might be the reason the windows app finds the right data.
    Let me correct that: adding the url to the login data does not help. I will check which sites are problematic.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please read what I wrote.

@2629467a: I did. You said, "For some websites the extension will not work properly when I try to fill in login information", so I was hoping to get more details.

The issue is apparently with logins, that do not have a saved url. The windows app recognizes the logins anyway and fills in the correct data. But the extension does not.

Can you clarify? 1Password for Windows (or any version) should not be offering to fill a login on a website which does not have a saved URL that matches. I'm not seeing that here, but that would be a bug we definitely want to fix. Which version are you referring to?

The name of the saved login information is often the url, which might be the reason the windows app finds the right data. Let me correct that: adding the url to the login data does not help. I will check which sites are problematic.

Definitely let us know some examples (URLs and the versions you're using) so we can test this thoroughly, not only as we continue working on this beta for ChromeOS, but also on other platforms if there are issues that need to be addressed there as well.

This discussion has been closed.