To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Re-downloaded 1P from App Store after a clean install. Defaults to read only.

carlosbeneto
carlosbeneto
Community Member

After having reinstalled 1Password from the App Store it has since defaulted to read-only and prompts me to purchase a licence. I already did this quite some time ago and I don't have a 1Password account that I know of. I've tried following directions but I don't seem to have a 1Password account of any sort.

I've always synced passwords with Dropbox, so I've never needed an account. I think the account system might have been introduced after I purchased the software.

In hindsight I should probably have purchased the software directly from agilebits.

Any help welcome!

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @carlosbeneto :)
    App Store purchases are tied to your Apple ID. Make sure you are downloading the app using the same Apple ID you originally purchased it with or else there is no way for 1Password to know that you already bought a license.

• Hi @carlosbeneto - Corey is right, make sure you're signed in using the same Apple ID that was used to originally purchase 1Password through the Mac App Store. If you're still running into an issue with read-only mode, let us know and we'll be here to assist you. :smile:

• dgoldsmith
    dgoldsmith
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

I'm in a similar position. I only have one Apple ID tied to the same email address I've used for years. This seems to be an issue with the new subscription model conflicting with the lifetime use purchase model.

• Hi @dgoldsmith and @carlosbeneto,

Please send us a copy of your receipt for 1Password to support+forum@agilebits.com. In your email include a link to this thread:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/82828/re-downloaded-1p-from-app-store-after-a-clean-install-defaults-to-read-only

As well as your forum username. When you send the email you’ll get a response from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can ‘connect the dots.’

Thanks.

Ben

• dgoldsmith
    dgoldsmith
    Community Member

KPV-98474-752

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@dgoldsmith: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: FAL-48983-111

This discussion has been closed.