Why does iPhone 6 Plus freeze after opening 1Password App?

Options
nohona
nohona
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

It seems to be it is getting blocked by the sync task. Just guessing, but at the moment I cannot use the app, which is quite inconvenient.

1Password Version: 6.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.0.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @nohona,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty. To help in tracking down what this issue might be caused by please answer the following questions for me with as much detail as possible:

If you allow the app to continue running while it appears frozen does it ever unfreeze, or does it stay frozen indefinitely?

Does enabling Airplane Mode on your device make any difference?

Are you able to interact with the app at all before the freeze occurs? E.x. do you get a chance to unlock 1Password, or does the freeze happen before you can unlock? If you are able to unlock it can you interact with it at all before it freezes, or is the freeze imediately after unlock?

Please let us know.

Ben

• nohona
    nohona
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,
    Thanks for your help. Looks like enabling Airplane Mode solved the issue. The app started with no issues. I was able to get to the vault sync settings. I turned off Airplane mode and back to the app, which was still on the sync page. After performing a sync successful there were no recurrence of freezing.

The possible cause could be since I added a second vault recently, maybe that introduced an error. Also, worth to mention that both vaults contain around 1500 entries, network latency etc., could have triggered it. I submitted the crash reports, as I was able too.

If it helps for future troubleshooting, following are the answer to some of your questions:

• If you allow the app to continue running while it appears frozen does it ever unfreeze, or does it stay frozen indefinitely? - stayed frozen indefinitely
    • Does enabling Airplane Mode on your device make any difference? - Yes, was able to interact with app.
    • Are you able to interact with the app at all before the freeze occurs? - Yes, was able to open app and perform two taps sequentially, so after opening approx. 2 sec it started blocking with or without interaction. There were occasions, where the app (after login) crashed right away
  • Ben
    Options

Thanks @nohona! If this issue reoccurs I'd suggest running through this guide, after enabling Airplane Mode if necessary:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

Ben

This discussion has been closed.