I use 1P on Mac, iPad 2 iPhones. Mac primary, have data on iOS which is not on Mac. How do I merge?

Stan_Dembinski
Stan_Dembinski
Community Member

I use 1Password version 6.8.2 on a Mac (OSX10.12.6), and iPad (iOS10.3.3) and two iPhones (iOS10.3.3). 1Password on iOS devices gets updated as soon as new software is available. Do not yet want to upgrade Apple software, these are mission critical devices and cannot take risks with yet unproven software. The Mac has most updated passwords and is primary repository of data, but the other three iOS devices may have some data that is either not present on the other devices or older.

I would like to use Dropbox as a synchronisation tool primarily because of the ability to go back in time to a non corrupted file and reset a file.

I notice on the iPad that I should be synchronising through Dropbox with file /1Password/1Password.agilekeychain, the iPad shows a last synch "seconds ago", but the fill-in Dropbox does not show updating since December 2016... Similar behaviour on both my iPhones

One bit of information is that I moved from a normal Dropbox to a Business Dropbox, and this may have gotten the synch to break down. It's a hypothesis but have no way of verifying it. Switch to Dropbox for business was before December 2016...

How do I go about creating a single vault that merges the most updated information from all devices?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11
OS Version: OSX10.3.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I use 1P on Mac, iPad 2 iPhones. Mac primary, have data on iOS which is not on Mac. How do I merge?

Comments

• Hi @Stan_Dembinski

Thanks for taking the time to write in. Dropbox is now considered an advanced sync option with 1Password (in part due to the fact that it can have issues like this one), but we have put together a comprehensive guide with all the tips we're aware of for troubleshooting issues syncing 1Password data with Dropbox. You can find that guide here:

If you're having trouble syncing with Dropbox - 1Password Support

Please run through the guide and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.