Want to install 1Password 6 on my laptop but can't seem to find where to put my purchase key.

Options
rej1944
rej1944
Community Member

Purchased 1Password 6 and it works on my desktop and iPhone. want to install it on my laptop (macbook pro) but can't seem to find where to put in my purchase license code. What I downloaded is "read only" at this time. How do I correct this?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 8.2
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iClous
Referrer: forum-search:Want to install 1Password 6 on my laptop but can't seem to find where to put my purchase key.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rej1944: To be clear, if you bought 1Password from the App Store, you won't have a license, as the purchase is tied to your Apple ID. And purchasing the iOS version does not entitle you to the others (and, frankly, iOS apps won't run on any other platforms anyway).

However, if you have a 1Password.com membership, that gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

Sign in to your 1Password account on a new device

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.