error -67688

Options
KevStorr
KevStorr
Community Member

I keep getting this error when trying to run the update to 6.8.2 from 6.8.1. I was also getting an update error and downloaded from the web manually and installed but that hasn't fixed this issues.

Mac OS 10.12.6
MacPro 3.5 GHz 6-core

Kevin

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:error -67688

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @KevStorr! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the update from 1Password for Mac version 6.8.1 to 6.8.2. I know you said you've tried to upgrade manually, but I'd like to give that one more go, if you don't mind. Please follow these steps exactly:

• Restart your Mac.
    • After it restarts, look in the menubar of your Mac for the 1Password Mini (the keyhole icon). If you see it, hold down your Mac's Option key ( ), click the icon and choose "Quit 1Password Mini."
    • Delete 1Password: Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then empty your Mac's Trash (don't worry, this will not affect your actual data at all).
    • In your favorite web browser, download a fresh copy of the latest version of 1Password for Mac from our downloads page
    • Double-click the downloaded file to open the package installer, then follow the instructions to install 1Password.
    • Open 1Password from your Applications folder by double-clicking.

Let us know how that goes for you!

• KevStorr
    KevStorr
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately I didn't get to do this before 6.8.3 came out. I have now followed your advised and will wait to see what happens when 6.8.4 comes out.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@KevStorr -- sounds good. Let us know what happens!

This discussion has been closed.