Firefox gets very slow with 1Password extension

sergiks
sergiks
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Firefox started getting very slow recently. Scrolling, typing gets delayed, rainbow rotator appears here and there. Not sure of exact moment: either after FF update or 1Password update.

The issue goes away if I disable the 1Password extension and restart the browser just in case. FireFox now runs promptly again.

Enabling the 1Password extension resumes the problem.

Other installed extension is AdBlock Plus. Maybe they are conflicting in some way as both manipulate DOM?

Mozilla FireFox 56.0, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan, 1Password extension 4.6.11.91, AdBlock Plus extension 2.9.1

1Password Version: 6.8.2 (682003)
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:firefox slow

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@sergiks Thanks for your post. Are you noticing this slowdown on any particular pages or is it just general behavior? There shouldn't be any conflicts between what 1Password and AdBlock Plus are doing, but it might be worth disabling ABP just for a bit to see if it makes a difference.

We recently made some changes to make 1Password behave better in some particular situations that were reported to us by Mozilla, but those apply to sites that exhibit a particular pattern that we have not seen in widespread use.

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• otakustay
    otakustay
    Community Member

I'm also having this problem, after disable & enable my extensions one by one, 1Password is the cause of slow down when switching between tabs, with 1Password enabled, switch can be 1-2s slower than that when it is disabled

This problem reproduces in Firefox 58 which has its new rendering engine enabled

• Thanks for letting us know, @otakustay! I just tried reproducing this behavior on my end with only the 1Password extension installed in Firefox 58, but I didn't experience any slowness. Perhaps the following questions will shed some light on the situation:

• Although you already checked your extensions list, do you have any extension installed in Firefox that may interfere with 1Password?
    • Did you experienced this slowness with specific websites open or was the slowness reproducible with any website?
    • Do you experience this slowness in the non-beta version of Firefox (57)?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.