To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

signing into account on new phone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Start over.

Comments

• avaldes
    avaldes
    Community Member
    Options

I bought a new phone and wasnt able to sincronize old info into it. I have a 1password account, I downloaded the app into my new phone but it is asking me to create a new account. I want to acces my existing account

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @avaldes :)
    I've split off your question into its own thread so as to not interfere with the other one.

When you open 1Password on your phone for the first time, you are presented with a welcome screen. On the bottom half of that screen is a section called "Already using 1Password". The first entry in that section is for 1Password.com accounts. Tap that and you will be able to enter in your account information and login to access all your data.

Cheers. :)

• avaldes
    avaldes
    Community Member
    Options

thanks, I did that process. It asks me for a secret Key. I dont know what that is, I know my master password

regards

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@avaldes just to clarify, do you have a 1Password membership subscription, as in the thing you pay monthly or yearly for? Or did you simply buy 1Password once and that was it?

If you have the monthly subscription, instructions on where to find your secret key can be found here.

If you don't have a subscription and bought 1Password separately, then you won't have a secret key and needed to sync your data some other way. If that's the case, let me know how you did sync your data (dropbox or iCloud).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @avaldes -- sorry to hear you're having trouble signing into your 1Password account on your new phone -- please follow these instructions and you should be all set in no time, but let us know if you continue to have difficulty.

• avaldes
    avaldes
    Community Member
    Options

thanks,

I tried what you suggested and it says that it could not find any server with the host name specified. The host name specified is "http//.1password.com

I found my secret key. I can also con into my account online. Its on the phone that I cant get itset up

• mathieu_g
    mathieu_g
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@avaldes Something is missing in that host name. You should be able to find the Sign-in address on your emergency kit.

However, to make things easier, I suggest that you connect to your 1Password account in your browser (on your computer). Then, click your name on the top right corner and then click on "Get the apps". Now, on your phone, instead of typing manually your credentials, tap on "Scan account details" and scan the code that appears in your browser (on your computer).

Hope that helps!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avaldes - I'm not sure if you typed the URL incorrectly or something else went wrong, but the correct URL for individual 1Password accounts is: https://my.1password.com -- you were missing the "MY" before .1password. Try that, and see if you have any luck. I'd also recommend the scan method @Mathieu_G recommended as well -- using the setup code as he suggests will fill all your account details except your Master Password (which only you know). Let us know how that works for you!

• avaldes
    avaldes
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I followed the steps for the sanning process. Once I go into de app on my computer, tere is no bar code

[personal details in image redacted by AgileBits; this is a public forum]

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avaldes -- right. You have to click on your name, in the upper-right hand corner of the browser window. There, you'll see one of the menu items is called "Get the Apps." Click this, and you should see the bar code, which will allow you to scan it with your new phone, and enter your Master Password. Let us know if that works for you! :)

• avaldes
    avaldes
    Community Member
    Options

it worked!!! I am ok now
    Thanks very much for your assistance

regards

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@avaldes Glad to hear everything worked out OK! Let us know if you run into any further issues; we're always here (well, OK, sometimes we sleep and stuff ;) )

This discussion has been closed.