To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Free Trial and Import is greyed out

Options

I am a long-time kypass user but Kypass has stopped working with Dropbox sync so I did my research and decided to try 1Password. I downloaded it from the app store for Mac and iPhone. I have exported the password file from Kypass and converted it to CSV, but the "Import" function is greyed out on the toolbar for 1Password. It's kind of pointless to have a 30-day trial if I can't import my hundreds of passwords from my old app! Help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:free trial import greyed out

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hey there @peridwyerworrell :)
    Welcome to 1Password! Have you unlocked your 1Password vault (ie entered in your Master Password and gotten to the main screen) before attempting to import your old data? If you haven't unlocked your vault, your data is still encrypted and therefore impossible to access, so the import function will be greyed out.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peridwyerworrell: Not familiar with that app, but we have a CSV importer built into 1Password.com. You'll probably get much better results but using @MrC 's converter to generate a 1PIF file for import first instead. Can you be specific about the steps you're taking? Perhaps you haven't yet setup a vault or account in the app, and that's why the import option is unavailable.

This discussion has been closed.