"SIGN IN WITH" dialogue box blank after selecting the in form icon

Options

I have searched the forum and not seen an entry about this behaviour so here goes...

When using the "in form icon" (That is the icon that appears in the Username field) to trigger the auto fill feature, on some sites I use, the "SIGN IN WITH" dialogue box appears blank, with no ability to select anything.

If I then select the plugin Icon on the toolbar - so as to find the correct log in details at that point - it too is not sensing the web page and displays a "Fill Address" entry and I have to manually navigate to the correct login.

What I have noticed is that this behaviour is more likely, if this is a second use of the feature, generally the first time use is fine.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.0
OS Version: Ubuntu 16.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stonerough: Thanks for getting in touch! When you say "second use", are you seeing this issue on the same page, across multiple pages, or both?

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty What I experienced was on opening a second browser tab to a different site and then using the in form icon to display the account entry. It was at this point I got the blank "SIGN IN WITH" dialogue box.

Today I attempted on both my work and home Linux pc's to see if I could re-create the behaviour that had caused me to write the original post. In ALL cases the in form icon worked successfully (7 or 8 logins on both machines). I am at a loss as to why I might have originally experienced the problem I described. I am fairly sure the site I was accessing that displayed the problem, is Java based. So perhaps the rendering got a bit screwed - I am speculating so feel free to ignore that! If I experience the problem again, I will try to record the session.

Overall I am really happy with the user experience I am having with all the versions and plugins of this software. The plugin for Chrome on Linux, is for a beta remarkably capable. I think the development team you have, are doing some really cool stuff...

• HI @stonerough,

Last night we released a substantial bug-fix update for the inline menu, so you probably aren't just imagining things. :) It's a brand new feature and there are sure to be many bugs to come, so keep stress-testing it and letting us know when it lets you down!

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mitch ,

This is really good news! The experience I had when I attempted to recreate the problem was so different to what I had previously, that It felt like a different plugin - Obviously it was :)

I have been experimenting and familiarising myself with 1Password quite a bit in the last 8 hours and the plugin - especially the "in form" functionality rocks.

I do have a problem with MyVodafone (NZ) where the "in form" function is not working but using the toolbar does - but only sort of... I am having issues I think with the Vodafone site itself rather that 1Password.

For the record: I changed the password using 1Password to create it. The site advised me that the password was "strong". It then forwarded me into the MyVodfone account directly. However when I logged out and went to log back in (using 1Password) it would not accept it...

I need to eliminate the problem with Vodafone NZ first I think, as logging in by resetting the password is not a great user experience!

• Hi @stonerough,

Please let me know the exact URL (and any links or buttons you click on to load the login form) and we'll look into it.

Mitch

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @mitch ,

I have attached 5 application screenshots, named in date time format sequence, that display the interaction I described through to resetting the password

The intial URL is https://www.vodafone.co.nz/#sign-in

Cheers Peter

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@stonerough: Thanks for sending over this URL. It's an interesting case that we will need to investigate further, but upon the first review, it looks like we might be having issues with the multiple iframes on this page. I've opened an issue on your behalf, and hopefully, we can get this resolved for both this website and any others like it.

Have a great weekend! :)

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• stonerough
    stonerough
    Community Member
    Options

@beyer Thanks for you response on this. I have been a bit busy at work today so not able to perform a few more tests on the Vodafone site on my own behalf. I do want to take them to task IF their site is faulting in the password reset process. But to be fair, I need to perform a password reset independent of 1Password (just in case the 1Password beta plugin is causing the problem!)

I have some experience in software development and know how hard you have to work to get things right. I am encouraged at the level of thoroughness you people are demonstrating here. If I come across any further issues or things that are not working as I think they should, be sure I will happily take the time to submit them

Regards Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks so much for your feedback on this! We'll see what we can do, and definitely let us know if you encounter any other issues. :)

This discussion has been closed.