Re-start the initial "Import to 1Password.com assistant"

Options
Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

As I always mistrust new technology (even if it's from AB ;) ) and first try things, I did not allow the 1Password for Mac app to import all my stuff I have in Dropbox to my 1Password.com family account. As I've read in the forums, your existing folders get converted to tags only if you use this initial assistant, I was wondering if I could start this assistant again when I finally decide to switch to 1Password.com

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @manaburner,

You can use the Help > Tools > Migrate Primary vault to Account... menu item to trigger this migration prompt again.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rickfillion
    thank you! :)

• You're quite welcome.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rickfillion
    what to do when that "Migrate" menu entry is greyed out?

• @manaburner,

Looking at the code, it seems that it will only be enabled if:

• The app is unlocked
    • You currently have your Personal/Private vault as the selected vault in the vault chooser
    • The account associated with the Personal vault is not frozen
    • There exists a Primary vault

I suspect that in your case it's the 2nd item that's causing you grief. Make sure to select the Personal vault that you want to migrate to.

Rick

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @rickfillion sorry for the late reply. You were right that #2 was the problem.

• @Manaburner: I'm glad to hear Rick was able to sort things out for you! I hope the migration process went well, but let us know if we can be of further help. :chuffed:

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate I didn't migrate yet. I am just preparing and want to check items off my migration todo-list :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:lol: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.