Clicking on 1password button to fill in password hit and miss whether it works in FF56+

Options

After the last update of 1password I've noticed that the 1password button for passwords does not always fill in the password. Sometimes it can take 4 or 5 attempts for the password field to be completed. To be honest I wouldn't believe me either, I even thought it was my mouse and replaced that but it keeps happening. The button press is clearly being registered as the dropdown disappears after clicking - it's just that the username and password fields are not being completed at all. Repeating the process may take another 4 or 5 attempts for the fields to be finally completed so I can proceed.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be the case? I have completed reinstall 1password too and it makes no difference.

Regards, Mark.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 (24)
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91 (Mozilla Firefox)
OS Version: 6.2.9200
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @MarkTaylor,

Thanks for reporting this.

You're certainly not alone with this issue, a few other users reported identical issues but we haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Please generate a diagnostics report after you see this issue with 1Password in your browser, use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member
    Options

Email sent with diagnostics information.

Thanks... good to hear I am not alone... more chances of you finding a solution then :)

Regards, Mark.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marktaylor46: Found it. We will take a look and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

ref: CXK-42575-756

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member
    Options

Great! :) I did confirm for you that the previous version does not have the issue as you requested via email.

Regards, Mark.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@marktaylor46: Thank you for the feedback! Let's continue our conversation via email, as we are investigating this issue right now. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• dog_man
    dog_man
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

Marktaylor46: I have the same issue with 1Password 4.6.2.626. The version before this version worked w/o issues. AgileBits sent me a link to download the prior version 4.6.2.625. I downloaded version 4.6.2.625 until AgileBits figures out what's wrong with version 4.6.2.626. I've attached the link to download the 4.6.2.625 version.

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4

HTH

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dog_man: Thank you for participating! We've already contacted Mark via email and explained the situation. :chuffed: I hope .625 works for you, but if you have any issues, please let us know. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am fine with 625 version - but 626 does have the issue and AFAIK there is no later version with a fix yet?

Regards, Mark.

• @marktaylor46: We're still doing some investigation as to what causes this, so there is not yet a fix version out, but we are working on tracking down why this is happening to some folks and hope we're able to get it resolved soon. If 625 is working for you, feel free to stick with it for now. :+1:

• marktaylor46
    marktaylor46
    Community Member
    Options

So three months later and still no fix... How deeply disappointing considering I took the time and trouble to give you the information that you required. I did just download the latest version to see what happened and it's still exactly the same - totally hit and miss whether the 1password button works in firefox at all.

When is this going to get fixed?

• MikeT
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi @marktaylor46,

We don't have a timeframe on when this is going to be fixed. The holidays has slowed us down but we'll find a solution for this.

This discussion has been closed.