Trouble syncing with Dropbox

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Having trouble with Dropbox sync.

Comments

• Nonylus
    Nonylus
    Community Member
    Options

Here's my issue with DropBox:
    I had my iPhone and Mac setup to sync my Primary Vault using DropBox.
    I just got a new Mac. I've installed 1 Password on the new Mac and Dropbox is fully synced with the same account.
    When going to 1Password to setup syncing with DropBox, it tells me it will create a vault in /Apps/1Password/1Password..opvault

On my iPhone, the 1Password sync is happening at this location in my dropbox: /1Password.agilekeychain

How do I sync them up again to use the current existing 1Password data without loosing anything?
    Should I disable Syncing on the iPhone and reconfigure syncing for it to use the "new" path ?

Don't want to mess anything here that's critical info.

Please assist asap.

Caribou

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Nonylus,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I've split your message into its own thread so we can be sure both you and the other thread starter get the attention you each deserve. :)

Should I disable Syncing on the iPhone and reconfigure syncing for it to use the "new" path ?

Yes. I'd recommend disabling sync on any devices you currently have it enabled on, back up your 1Password data, and then enable sync.

Back up: 1Password backups
    Sync: How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.