Why Can't I Log In on My New iPhone 8Plus?

Options
Ilovemydog
Ilovemydog
Community Member

I have the app on my new phone, but I can't log in. I don't have a subscription, so I don't have a secret key. I have no idea what my setup code is. I have the license number for 1Password, but I'm caught in an endless circle trying to get into the app. I'm using it on my iPad and my Mac with no problem. It would be great if this were more intuitive. I've entered my email address and master password but I still can't get anywhere. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me with this. :-)

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ilovemydog: To be clear, you won't have an account to sign in to unless you signed up for a 1Password membership in the last year or so, as they did not exist prior to that. So your new phone won't have any of your 1Password data unless you put it there yourself.

But — and correct me if I'm wrong — if you've already been syncing your 1Password data with Dropbox, you should be able to just setup 1Password on your new phone to use that data. From the welcome screen, under "if you've used 1Password before", just choose Dropbox to sync your existing vault (that it sounds like you're using on the Mac and iPad).

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Ilovemydog
    Ilovemydog
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much, Brenty! That's all I needed to know. I'm up and running now. :-)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ilovemydog -- Excellent - glad to hear things are resolved! On behalf of brenty and all of us, you're quite welcome. :)

This discussion has been closed.