Why do some sites not autofill PW and UN?

Many sites have stopped autofilling the username ad PW
Some put UN in PW field.
Any tips on what is happening?
Not a big burden , and may be more secure, but a hassle and whenever I see disruption I become concerned that I am not where I should be and at a vulnerable point.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: win1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Iwouldrathernot,

Thank you for reporting this!

We had some similar reports from the users of the latest version of 1Password 4 for Windows. We are investigating this issue now, but we haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Please try to reproduce this issue on your PC and generate a diagnostics report after after that. Use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Kuno_Hamers
    Kuno_Hamers
    Community Member

Whenever I click an autofill in Windows and chrome it doesn’t work. (And sometimes after multiple tries it suddenly does)
    I notice when I hold (longer than usual) the right click mouse button before the fill it sometimes helps.

It also looks like a tooltip or other window is in the way somehow.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @Kuno_Hamers,

Thank you for chipping in! I've found a diagnostics report from you on our side and will reply to you via email now. Thanks again! :+1:

ref: DIQ-19745-947

• Iwouldrathernot
    Iwouldrathernot
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

Didn't mean to not follow up. When it happens I am usually on another task. Will try and note where it happens.Thnx. sometimes I ask seeking a "Oh,They all do that" I got my mechanic a tee shirt with that on it.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Iwouldrathernot: No worries, we are always here for you. :+1: Please send us a diagnostics report if you bump into issues again, we will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.