Forgot Master Password. Was using Touch ID. Any way in?

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Forgot Master Password.

Comments

• bduker
    bduker
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot remember my Master Password but I was utilizing my TouchID to log into my account. Now the TouchID button has disappeared. Is there a way to get this back. If I delete the app and re-down load it, will the TouchID option reappear?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bduker,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry you're having some trouble.

Sometimes, you'll need to enter your Master Password instead of using Touch ID:

• If your fingerprint isn't recognized three times in a row
    • If you tapped Settings > Security > Lock Now
    • If you're trying to change your Master Password
    • If Require Master Password is set to After Device Restart in Settings > Advanced > Security, and you've just restarted your device
    • If the amount of time in Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password has elapsed

There is no way to get around those requirements.

Get help if you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password.

Let me know how it goes!

• bduker
    bduker
    Community Member
    Options

Well it does not go well because I cannot remember my master password and I can’t even sign in to my account online because it says it doesn’t have an account with my email address so I’m at a stand still

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bduker,

Please be sure to read through all of this:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

It covers every possible option, so it's important not to skip parts of it. (The part you skip may be the part that will help you get back in.)

If you have any trouble following the steps there, let me know and I'll help you work through it.

If you're not able to remember or recover your Master Password, there are steps there for starting over as well. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

Keep me posted.

This discussion has been closed.