To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Migrate from 1password 6.3 to 1password membership - no option to migrate?

beth_art
beth_art
Community Member

I've got 1password 6.3 on my mac and iOS device, and have paid for a membership. I watched the migration video, but after I signed in to my 1password membership, it didn't ask me if I wanted to migrate. I've clicked Import, but that just takes me to the video again.

I've got my vault on dropbox, but don't see how to get it into my membership. Help?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:migrate to membership

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member

Hi there @beth_art :)
    Sorry for the trouble, 1Password 6.3 is out of date. The current version is 6.8.2. I would suggest removing the account, updating 1Password and trying the migration process again.

Cheers. Let me know how it goes. :)

• Hey @beth_art! I'd be happy to help with that. As Corey mentioned, 1Password 6.3 for Mac and iOS is a bit old so let's update things first. On your iOS device, you can install the update automatically in the App Store. Your Mac will need to be updated manually, though, by following these steps since there was an issue with automatic updates from version 6.5.3 and earlier.

Once you do that, you may need to migrate your data to your account manually if you already added the account and weren't prompted to migrate things to it. You can do this in 1Password for Mac by clicking Help > Tools > Migrate Primary Vault to Account. Hope this helps! :)

• beth_art
    beth_art
    Community Member

Hello Jacob:
    I have the application upgraded to 6.8.3. Went to Help > Tools > Migrate Primary Vault and this type is greyed out/can't access. Please advise. Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@beth_art: It sounds like you haven't actually signed up for a 1Password.com account — or at least haven't signed into one in the app. In that case, you won't have anything to migrate to.

If you're starting from the beginning, we have a great guide though that will walk you through the entire process:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

Otherwise, you just need to sign into your account in the app and you'll be able to do the migration:

Sign in to your 1Password account on a new device

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• beth_art
    beth_art
    Community Member

Hi Brent: Thanks for your response. I actually did sign up for the single membership. So, now I have the single membership and a previous account (through another person). I want the previous account removed and to use the new monthly membership AND keep all of my vault data. Hope that makes sense!

• beth_art
    beth_art
    Community Member

Hello again: Just reviewed account in program and managed to locate my new membership and transfer vault, thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know! It sounds like you should be in good shape, but be sure to let us know if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.