Apple ID may be spoofed and it's indistinguishable from the actual Apple ID?

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2017 in iOS

I've seen those pop ups appearing at random and usually dismiss them, but not always, when I need to enter info. What is the solution here? I use 1Password for copy and paste the password.

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/10/beware-of-sketchy-ios-popups-that-want-your-apple-id/

One the App side, I see this (or similar) for in App purchases.

As a whole, I am not fond of in App purchases.

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2017

On, not One. Typo.

• Hi @wkleem,

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking us for here. Are the pop ups coming from 1Password?

We can’t fill the pop ups as Apple doesn’t offer any way to integrate into those windows. As you’re already doing, copy & paste is the best method, if you’re going to input your credentials.

If you’re concerned about the legitimacy of the pop ups, and they aren’t coming from 1Password, I’d suggest contacting Apple about it. We don’t have any control over them in that case.

Please let us know.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi Ben

I’m not entirely sure what you’re asking us for here. Are the pop ups coming from 1Password?

Apparently the Apple ID dialog box can be crafted to appear to originate from Apple (phishing attempt). In the case of 1Password, I doubt there is any malicious code there! :) Just FYI to be careful.

Thanks.

• Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.