[Feature request] Add the ability for users to manually match websites/apps to logins

Options
aaronm91
aaronm91
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Android

[Feature request] Add the ability for users to manually match websites/apps to logins when 1Password app cant automatically find a matching login.

In the above example, I actually do have a Todoist login saved in 1Password with the URL saved as "https://todoist.com/" BUT it was saved as the second website in a field named "Website 2". Website 1 was my Mac Todoist app's local app path, which 1Password automatically saved for me when I generated a new password to create a Todoist account. It should work anyways with the second website, however, it did not match the app to it's saved login as I'd expected. This could because the mobile version of 1Password actually ignores all other fields that are not the main "Website". I fixed the issue by swapping the order of the fields and making sure the true URL of Todoist is actually in the "Website" field and not in "Website 2".

Allowing users to manually match the sites, when 1Password can't for whatever reason, will improve the user experience on Android and possibly in other devices.

A developer can't expect a user to do what they are meant to do. Users go their own way which can cause themselves a bad user experience because the app didn't do what they expected to do all because they didn't follow a specific recipe. With this solution, once they get to this point, it will provide the user an easy and quick fix, based on their own formula.

:)

Side challenge: I'd like the ability to take screenshots in 1Password. Should include an on/off switch in the app's settings.

1Password Version: Android version 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:feedback

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Allowing users to manually match the sites, when 1Password can't for whatever reason, will improve the user experience on Android and possibly in other devices.

@aaronm91: Agreed. It's something we're working toward, but there are a lot of moving parts. If we make that possible today, you'd still have had the same problem due to having it saved as a second URL. So we're on the same page there I think. Regarding screenshots, it's something we'll continue to consider, especially as Google locks Android down more. We just want to be sure that 1Password users aren't getting their data stolen by rogue apps (or legit ones which have been compromised) taking screenshots as they use it. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

:+1: as I was coming today to request the same thing. :smile: Having a way to manually associate apps with their login for Oreo auto-fill would be fantastic because as it stands if I have a login that spans multiple apps (e.g. RBC for Wallet and Mobile), I would have to have the same password across at least two entries in 1Password (assuming I manually went and added a URL to one of the app logins for rbc.com through the desktop or 1password.com teams/family site).

• peri
    Options

Hey @brettcannon. Thanks for the feedback! We are hoping to improve URL matching for apps in the future, and I'll pass your feedback along.

In the meantime, I have a suggestion. You could use Autofill to save your app Login, which will create a new item in 1Password with the app link. Then edit the Login to include the website URL, and you should be able to fill both ways.

I hope this helps!

• brettcannon
    brettcannon
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @peri ! I have actually done that once or twice, but since adding/editing a URL on Android is a bit cumbersome I have simply gone back to using the 1Password keyboard and basically assume the Oreo fill-in will fail until there's a way to either search at the time of filling in or a way for me to manually specify a login is tied to an app (which is fine; new features always take a while to perfect :smile: ).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Indeed, thanks for bearing with us as we continue to make improvements to support the new filling paradigm. Got some cool stuff coming in the betas, and to an app update near you. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.