I can't get 1Password on my desktop Mac to sync with my reset iPad with either iCloud or WLAN.

Options
red sky
red sky
Community Member

I had to reset my iPad (iOS 11.0.3). When all the apps repopulated 1Password was not there. there had been an update. I opened 1Password from the App Store and was able to log in. When I hit Sync, it showed it was Syncing, but then none of my 1Password data was there. It seemed to think I was a new user. I tried syncing again, but it started then finished immediately. I tried syncing with both iCloud, then I switched to WLAN. Same outcome. I'm lost without 1Password on my iPad. Suggestions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I can't get 1Password on my desktop Mac to sync with my reset iPad with either iCloud or WLAN.

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @red sky :)
    Sorry for the troubles. Just a quick question: do you know what version of 1Password you were using on your iPad before this (and what iOS version it was on before you reset it) and which version you are using on your Mac? Also how you had synced your data up until now?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @red sky -- Just like @Corey_C was mentioning, I'm really hoping you were syncing your data with at least one other device prior to resetting your iPad. The reason for my concern is that, UNlike on a desktop PC or Mac, when you delete 1Password from an iOS device, it deletes ALL the data as well. This isn't a bug; it's how iOS works: delete the app, you delete all the data.

The problem with that, as you can no doubt see, is that if you don't have that data anywhere else, either backed up or synced, you'll have just deleted all your data as well. :( Please let us know if you have your data elsewhere. If you do, this will go from "uh-oh" to "easy-peasy": just reset 1Password once more on your iPad, then sync over the data from wherever else you had it. Let us know what the situation is; I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

• red sky
    red sky
    Community Member
    Options

Lars: I had been syncing the 1Password data on my iPhone, iPad and Mac Mini over WLAN. The desktop computer still has all the data. What do you mean by "reset 1Password?" And how do I jump into this all easy peasy? Is there something other than Sync?

And I didn't delete 1Password, it just didn't reload after the iOS and 1Password updates.

Corey_C: I don't know the previous versions, whatever was the latest. I install all updates.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@red sky -- OK, then assuming the version of 1Password you have on your Mac is relatively recent, just follow these steps:

• In 1Password for iOS, tap on Settings > Advanced, scroll down and tap Erase all 1Password Data (in red near the bottom)
    • You'll be exited out of 1Password back to your home screen. Find 1Password again and re-launch it; it will be as if you're a brand-new user.
    • At the new user ("Welcome") screen, choose WLAN Server from the list of options, and make sure you're on the same wi-fi network. The rest should be easily accomplished via the in-app prompts, but let us know if you run into any obstacles or have any further questions. Cheers!
  • red sky
    red sky
    Community Member
    Options

Eureka!
    My Mac Mini was on a different network than the iPad.
    I changed the wifi network, hit Sync ... and Bob's your uncle, everything is there!

Thank you, thank you Red Sky!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Have great weekend! :)

This discussion has been closed.