How do I get my Mac to sync with iCloud?

tjm1942
tjm1942
Community Member

My Mac, iPad and iPhone are all using the latest versions. I have synced the IOS devices with iCloud and every thing went we. How do I make my Mac sync with them on iCloud? I have a new computer and I'm trying to get everything up to date.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 11 Mac 10.13
Sync Type: lcloud
Referrer: forum-search:My iPad and iPhone are up to date with the latest app version. How do I make my Mac sync with them on iCloud?

Comments

• cmcdermo3
    cmcdermo3
    Community Member

I'm having the exact same problem with my new MAC. My iPhone and iPad are fine, but the information that transferred over from my old Mac to my new Mac is not current. Help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tjm1942, @cmcdermo3: In case it helps, a 1Password.com account doesn't require any of that: you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. 1Password.com membership also includes all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether. If you're not already using that, you can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. But if you have already have one, just setup the app with your account and you should be good to go.

If, however, you prefer to use the standalone 1Password app(s) and sync your own data, you can do so between Apple devices using iCloud. Just follow this guide to make sure you have everything configured correctly:

If you’re having trouble syncing with iCloud

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• cmcdermo3
    cmcdermo3
    Community Member

I just signed up for the membership on my Mac and all the old information stayed in the vault. I don't want to link my phone and iPad to this membership because it looks as though the old information that's in the vault will overwrite the good information that's on my phone and iPad. Help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@cmcdermo3: Yup! Here to help! :chuffed:

If you don't need the data on Mac, that's easy: reset 1Password on your Mac, and then setup the app with your account. Cheers! :)

ref: VYA-99671-374

This discussion has been closed.