I installed 1password extension successfully but the 1password icon can't be opened in Safari.

Options
mjzkar
mjzkar
Community Member

As I said, I installed 1password extension successfully (I checked in preferences>extensions) but the 1password can't be opened in Safari. The Safari message when I click on the icon in the toolbar says that Safari doesn't recognize onepassword website. Please help Mari Totin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:The 1password icon in the toolbar cannot be opened in Safari. Help?

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @mjzkar :)
    Welcome to 1Password. Sorry for the trouble you have been having. Do you have the full 1Password app installed too? The browser extension won't work without the main app installed. If you haven't done so, you can download and install it from here.

Hope that helps :)

• mjzkar
    mjzkar
    Community Member
    Options
    • I installed the full 1Password app and still can't get the browser extension to work. Also, I can't seem to set up Emergency Kit. On that page, it won't let me enter in my Master Password in the box. Thanks
  • Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@mjzkar
    For the Emergency Kit, the Master Password field is not a fillable field, as far as I know. The idea is that you are supposed to print it and fill in your master password manually.

As for the extension. Have you logged in to your account on the main app? Is 1Password mini running (check in Preferences>General if the "Always keep 1Password mini running" box is checked)? If that's the case, I would try uninstalling the Safari extension, restart Safari and reinstall the extension and seeing if that fixes anything.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mjzkar: Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? When you say "it doesn't work", are you getting an error message? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.