1Password 6,8.3 updated failed on iMac running Mac OS 10.12.6, This the 3rd update that has failed.

drsmyth
drsmyth
Community Member

Just received notification that 1Password 6.8.3 was available. Currently running 68.2 on Mac OS 10.12.8. I selected Download & then install. It appeared to download a file but when I selected install spinning wheel and then I was prompted again to download. This is the 3 update in a row that has failed.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6,8.3 updated failed on iMac running Mac OS 10.12.6, This the 3rd update that has failed.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drsmyth: Sorry for the trouble! Some folks have had issues in the past with updates because the app was damaged and couldn't verify the update. Have you tried installing a fresh copy from our website?

https://1password.com/downloads/

Let me know if that helps!

• drsmyth
    drsmyth
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply brenty. Downloading from your website resolved my problem. I used this approach to resolve the issue for the last couple of updates, but had forgotten where I got the good package from. It is now safely book marked and note for future update.
    Is there a process I can perform to clean out the damaged version so I get a proper install?

• @drsmyth,

It should clean it out for you as part of installing 6.8.3, but if you want to be extra sure you can drag the existing .app to the trash (be sure not to use any app cleaner utilities because those will likely wipe out your data). and then run the installer. It shouldn't fail to update in the future.

The most likely reason it failed to update this time is that your prior pkg install over the previous version created a further hybrid of what was there and what was being installed, leaving you with a binary that had a bunch of no longer valid files inside of it.

Rudy

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drsmyth: I'd also add restart your Mac, to make sure the old app isn't still running in a background during the install. But usually that isn't necessary.

This discussion has been closed.