iPhone 6 Plus: Unable to edit Notes on a Secure Note once additional fields added

Options
jeremywsherman
jeremywsherman
Community Member

Type: Serious Bug
Reproducibility: Often

Steps to reproduce:

• Create a new secure note
  • Write some content in the Notes field (1 word will do)
  • Add a new Section
  • Add 3 Text fields in the Section
  • Done
  • Edit
  • Try to scroll down to edit the Notes field

Expected:

• Notes field can be scrolled onto the screen
  • It can be tapped to begin editing

Actual:

• Notes field rubberbands back off screen
  • Even when exposed during scrolling, it cannot be tapped by an additional finger.

Version:

6.9 (690008)

Configuration:

iPhone 6 Plus
iOS 11.0 (15A372)

Workaround:

Attempting to edit a field appears to fix scrolling while the keyboard is up.

Notes:

While trying to reproduce, I saw this happen only sometimes during editing. Sometimes, scrolling seemed fine. Others, it was broken as described.

The Steps to Reproduce are not 100% reliable as such. Having a multi-line Note title might also matter.

I have a video of the attempted repro using a fresh note and no private info that I will attach.

Comments

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I’d be happy to attach it if this discussion board would let me. Where should I upload the screen capture for support?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeremywsherman: To include a screenshot in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum.

Not able to reproduce what you're seeing, but there's definitely some weirdness with the scrolling. I'll keep messing around with this, but if you can post the video (YouTube links will display the video inline) I'd love to see that as well. Thanks in advance!

• jeremywsherman
    jeremywsherman
    Community Member
    Options

Once YouTube finishes its processing, the video demonstrating the issue will be at: https://youtu.be/0h4RHbta_f8

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jeremywsherman: Thank you! That's definitely different from what I'm seeing, so I really appreciate it. I'll share this with the team and we'll see if we can figure out what's going on there and fix it!

ref: OPI-4238

This discussion has been closed.