There is no obvious way to add the "password strength meter" when you add a "password" field

Options
jlhowardnj
jlhowardnj
Community Member

There is no obvious way to add the "password strength meter" field when you add a "password" field to a Membership item. Is there a way to add this field?

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:how can i add a password strength meter to an entry

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@jlhowardnj: No. Membership items don't have passwords, so they don't have a password strength meter. If you do have a membership that uses a password, it might be worth considering using a Login item for that, since that will not only give you a password field/meter, but also can be used for filling in the browser. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @jlhowardnj,

When editing any field that has a Password field type in any item, the password strength meter appears at the top of the password generator that opens after selecting the 'dial' icon to the right of the field.

If you're intending to use one of those passwords for filling in a browser, it's often more convenient to create a Login item for it like brenty suggested:

If you do have a membership that uses a password, it might be worth considering using a Login item for that, since that will not only give you a password field/meter, but also can be used for filling in the browser.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.