auto fill not working on OS 10 using Safari on my new Mac Pro

Options
fairwayguy
fairwayguy
Community Member
edited October 2017 in Mac

Old Mac Book auto filled most sites. New Pro won't auto fill anything. Currently running Sierra on my new Pro, and had everything moved from old to new by Apple folks.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto fill not working on IOS 10 using Safari on my new Mac Pro

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@fairwayguy: 1Password doesn't "autofill" when you go to a webpage; it only fills login credentials when you tell it to. So it sounds like you may have been using browser autofill previously. 1Password doesn't have anything to do with this. But if you're having trouble using 1Password to fill when you use the browser extension or keyboard shortcut (⌘ \), that's another story. Did you install the 1Password extension in your browser? You left out the version in your post, so I'm wondering. You can get it here:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

And if you're having trouble with specific websites, be sure to let us know the URLs.

• fairwayguy
    fairwayguy
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to install the extensions and got messages of an "error" installing. What now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

@fairwayguy: What's the error?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @fairwayguy,

I noticed you replied to brenty in email and hope you don't mind my quoting it here for continuity with the previous conversation:

As of five minutes ago, my 1 Password is auto filling. I guess the extensions got installed too quickly for me to notice. The error messages were probably because the extensions were already up to speed. I'll let you know if there are any problems. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for letting us know that filling with the 1Password extensions is working for you, even if the reason why it didn't and now does is somewhat of a mystery. :)

We're here to help in case 1Password has any further trouble with filling or something else. Cheers!

ref: MVA-59878-484

This discussion has been closed.