Why is the "export" feature in File menu greyed-out (unavailable) in Mac ver. 6.8.2?

Options
pdittis
pdittis
Community Member

I'd like to export my data from my desktop, but the "export" feature (in the File menu) is greyed-out (not available). Is it not available until after I have become a paid customer (i.e. after I have been billed for one month of service)?

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.10.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is the "export" feature in File menu greyed-out (unavailable) in Mac ver. 6.8.2?

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@pdittis,

Are you in All Vaults? You'll want to switch to the specific vault you want to export in order for the menu item to be enabled.

Rudy

• pdittis
    pdittis
    Community Member
    Options

Where would I see if I'm in "All Vaults" or in one specific vault? I have not created any vaults except for the default one.

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@pdittis on the left side of the 1Password window at the top. It looks like this:

If it says All Vaults at the top with the little rainbow wheel, click the drop down there and pick the vault you want to be able to export.

• pdittis
    pdittis
    Community Member
    Options

My window doesn't look like that. The top of the list is All Items, then Favorites is below that (like in your window). There is no "All Vaults" item at the top of the list...or anywhere else in the window. Again, I have not created any individual vaults.

• pdittis
    pdittis
    Community Member
    Options

I just created a new vault (with nothing in it) to see if the "All Vaults" option would appear in the window, and it does. And now the "Export" option appears in my File menu. Creating a second vault seems to make the export option available. Thanks for your help everyone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Sorry for the confusion there! Glad that worked for you. We're here if you ned anything else. :)

ref: OPM-4681

This discussion has been closed.