Limited menus on iOS browser (for example, no access to identity, just logins)

Options
reubensivan
reubensivan
Community Member

On iOS browsers (Chrome, Safari), I often need to access data from an identity or credit card, but 1P often limits my options to choosing an existing login entry. 1P for Mac OS is much smarter and lets me make any choices, as expected.

1Password Version: 6.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.0.2
Sync Type: Vault
Referrer: forum-search:limited menu in ios

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @reubensivan! You're quite right; 1Password for Mac does allow you to do much more with filling and searching than 1Password for iOS does. The reason for that has to do with the differences in OS between macOS and iOS, however. On your Mac, we're allowed to let our extension do things like simulate the Enter-key press, which actually submits your data; on iOS there is no such analogous behavior. You may have noticed you still have to tap "Enter" or "Submit" or "Login" to actually sign into sites in iOS that are accomplished with a single click on your Mac.

Because this is so, we also limit search to items whose domain matches the site you're viewing at the time you invoke 1Password extension. However, you can search for other things. Along the bottom of your screen, you should see a bar with four entries: "All," "Logins" "Cards" and "Identities." Are you able to access these?

This discussion has been closed.