We needed to delete our organization's 1password account and rebuild it. (The story is complicated and not that interesting.) We thought it would be as easy as exporting and reimporting. We were wrong. Here are the problems we've run into so far:
1) As far as I can tell, the web UI doesn't allow you to export the 1password data. You need to install a native client.
2) I installed the 1password 6 client on Windows. It provides two options: export to txt and export to csv. I wasn't sure which one to use so I exported as both.
3) We nuked the account and created a new one.
4) We tried to use the Windows client to import the data. This isn't allowed?? The Windows client only allows 1pif and agilekeychain
5) We tried using the web client to import the data. The web client only allows CSV. This imports total garbage with most of the data fields missing. I couldn't find a way to import the text file.
6) We tried following this guide to converting data to 1pif: https://support.1password.com/import/. The instructions say that we have to install a perl interpreter and run a one-off perl script. The perl script crashed with uninstall module errors, even after we ran the install_modules.bat script.
At this point, I'm going to give up and manually re-enter all the data. I've wasted too much time on this already.
Is there a reason why 1password can't export data in a format that 1password itself understands? This does not seem like an unreasonable request.
1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided