Is it poss to sync an iPhone 4 with iCloud or Dropbox? No data found in iCloud, error 400 in Dropbox

Options
overthehill
overthehill
Community Member

I have several recent iPhones that sync correctly to iCloud.

Today, I have restored an iPhone 4 and set it up 'as new' then downloaded a (latest copatible version) copy of 1Password and attempted to sync to iCloud but the operation failed with a 'Data Not Found' error.

Next, I backed up the 1Password data on my iPhone 6 Plus to Dropbox, downloaded an again-restricted version of Dropbox to the iPhone 4 and attempted to sync 1Password on the iPhone 4 with Dropbox but the operation failed again, this time with a Dropbox 400 error.

Obviously, I have no choice but to work with old versions of 1Password and Dropbox on the iPhone 4, and I understand that APIs come and go.

I do not have a Mac.

My question is: is there any way to get 1Password on the iPhone 4 to sync to either iCloud or Dropbox given these restrictions, or should I say, "Well, that's progress, I guess", and go fight another battle?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it poss to sync an iPhone 4 with iCloud or Dropbox? No data found in iCloud, error 400 in Dropbox

Comments

• overthehill
    overthehill
    Community Member
    Options

Additional optional info:
    1Password Version: Can't get past the sync screens to find out, but is latest compatible with iPhone 4
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 7.1.2
    Sync Type: Attempting iCloud and Dropbox

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@overthehill: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password and iOS 7 were discontinued years ago, and both iCloud and Dropbox have changed substantially since then: in iOS 8 and Yosemite, Apple moved to new sync mechanisms in iCloud, so that won't work with earlier versions (so it could not sync with your newer devices anyway); and Dropbox discontinued their old APIs recently, so the app cannot connect to them any longer either. I'm sorry I don' have better news for you, but honestly running 1Password on an OS with known security vulnerabilities (which have been patched in recent versions) is not something we can recommend anyway. :(

• overthehill
    overthehill
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty: Fair enough, I'll file it under (a non-ironic) "that's progress" then. Many thanks for your time.

Could you clarify one of your statements, please? You say " 1Password and iOS 7 were discontinued years ago...". Do you mean 1Password FOR iOS7? Surely 1Passord is still an ongoing product.

• Ben
    Options

@overthehill I believe brenty meant 1Password 3 for iOS, and iOS 7. 1Password 3 for iOS was discontinued in 2012. 1Password 6 for iOS is actively being developed for use on iOS 11.

Thanks.

Ben

• overthehill
    overthehill
    Community Member
    Options

@ben: Thought so.
    30 years as a Systems Tester leaves you a bit literal-minded :)

• Ben
    Options

Fair enough. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.