Can't sign in on my new iPad and iPhone

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Help me open 1Password on new IOS Device.

Comments

• kfetty
    kfetty
    Community Member
    Options

I am totally confused. Did I miss a few emails? I am one person with a standalone license - long time user running 6.83 on my MacBook Air. I have an iPad (new) and iPhone (new) and running ios version 6.9. Had no problems with the iPhone and touch i.d. On the iPad Mini 2, cannot sign in. Do not have a secret key. I have my email with my license. I'm in a loop. All the instructions I can find say that if you didn't sign up as a member or family or team, and remain standalone, go to 1P on a signed in app (did this on MB and iPhone to no avail), go to Settings/Add Existing Account/Scan Account Details or Sign In. I hit Scan and there's nothing to scan. I hit Sign-In and again, cannot sign in without a secret key. The Scanning thingy is not well explained. Is this 1P way of driving everyone to a subscription model? This is very inconvenient and I see no way around this loop.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kfetty,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I'm sorry for the difficulty.

If you're not using a 1Password membership (as would be the case with a standalone license) you would not select the 1Password.com option from the sign-in screen. Instead, you'd select the option to sync with whichever service you've configured to sync with on your other devices:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

All the instructions I can find say that if you didn't sign up as a member or family or team, and remain standalone, go to 1P on a signed in app [...]

Could you please point me to where you saw these instructions? I'd like to get them corrected if that is what they say.

Ben

• kfetty
    kfetty
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I can give you a screen shot, but on the new iPad, I open the app, and have a Welcome Screen. New to 1P? Start a free trial. Already using 1P? Sign in. Next screen: Scan Account Details (see my comments above). Sign-in address, Email address, Your Secret Key, Master Password. So, in conclusion, as a standalone user, I am unable to access 1P on the iPad. I see no way to proceed as I mentioned above. No syncing option is available.
    Karen

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

@kfetty There are other options below 1Password.com in the "Already using 1Password" section on that welcome screen. Scroll down a little bit and you will be given options for iCloud and Dropbox syncing.

Cheers :)

• kfetty
    kfetty
    Community Member
    Options

I've attached 2 screen shots. It's like I'm speaking a different language. My post before this explains exactly what happens on each screen, and no syncing, no other options are available other than signing in, and without a secret code, cannot be done. So I continue to believe, absent information I don't have or see, that standalone customers cannot use the ios app. The iphone is working, I think because I have fingerprint i.d. enabled, which is not possible on an iPad Mini 2. I'm out of luck on the iPad.

• Ben
    Options

@kfetty As Corey mentioned there are other options below “1Password.com” in that first screenshot... you have to scroll to see them.

Ben

• kfetty
    kfetty
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I scrolled down and saw that. I think the U.I. could change a little and include a comment to scroll down, but maybe I'm the only person it ever happened to. I'm happy we all persevered! Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.