Domain matching seems to be broken

When I'm here on the forum site and select "Suggested items" in the 1P extension, the button on the listed items says "Fill". However if I click on "Favorites" or "Logins", where the same, matching items are listed, the button says "Go".
The reason behind that seems to be that the items for this site have "forum.agilebits.com" in the website URL field, which is not an exact match.
But even if I change that URL to the correct "discussions.agilebits.com", the button still says "Go".

Something seems to be going wrong ;)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 0.9.2
OS Version: RHEL 7.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@Manaburner: This is an issue or a feature depending on how you look at it. I've personally gone back and forth on what's best from a user experience. Right now, when you activate 1Password, you'll see any Login item that matches the domain you're on, and you can fill it. You can also search for Login items and then fill one if it matches the domain you're on. If you have many Login items for the same domain, I personally think it's faster to search and my hope is folks will get into the habit of doing that.

If you select Favorites or the Login category, you'll only be able to execute a Go & Fill. This can actually be beneficial if you're on a domain and want to quickly open a new tab and fill it. This is something we've never had with our previous extensions to my knowledge.

There are still improvements we can make, like sorting favorite items in the "Sign in with" list to the top. Which would likely make this better for everyone, and something our CEO has brought up more than once.

Basically, I'm at the point where I'd like to see how many people have an issue with the current method before proposing any changes. We also have a long list of new features to add, so I don't want to distract from that quite yet.

Let me know your thoughts, nothing is truly "set in stone" yet.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

@beyer
    After reading about the thought process behind this, it makes a lot more sense to me now.
    I think it is indeed faster, when you use search. Thanks for pointing me to that.

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

One final tip – you don't need to click in the search field. Just start typing and you're on your way.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Ha! That one I already knew ;)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni

;) :+1:

--