"1Password failed to connect to 1Password mini" — STILL!

Options
TXLogic
TXLogic
Community Member

How can this STILL be a problem? It's been, what, a year at least since this showed up? Two years? How can your users have any confidence that you know what you're doing? That our passwords are safe? I've basically had to stop using your product, which used to be great. Fortunately, LastPass works flawlessly.

1Password Version: Latest, I think, but error prevents startup.
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1 beta
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TXLogic - there are a few reasons why 1Password might fail to connect to the Mini, all of them configuration issues, and all of them easily resolvable under normal conditions. In most cases, these steps are all one needs to solve the issue. In some cases, we may need to dig a little deeper.

However, given that you stated you've stopped using 1Password and now use a different solution for password management, I'm not sure whether you're interested in addressing this problem or just in telling us that. We'd be happy to assist, if the above steps don't help your particular situation and you're interested in continuing. Let us know.

• TXLogic
    TXLogic
    Community Member
    Options

I stopped using 1Password because it was broken! (And in fact, I'd been using both 1P and LastPass, as I also use a Linux box where only LastPass is available.) And yes, I'm not interested in "addressing the problem", I'm interested in YOU solving the problem. I've gone through your kludgy workarounds a couple of times already in the past to get 1P to boot and I'm tired of it — and now it requires robooting? À la Windows 3.1?? — and I object in principle to taking on the responsibility for getting your broken software to work. As I like the design of the program, I'll try again with the next update to see if you've fixed it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TXLogic -- 1Password, like all software, sometimes has bugs in various areas. Equally often, when something's not working properly on a user's device, it's a result of particularities of their individual setup, which is why we do things like ask troubleshooting questions and request diagnostics reports. If you're interested in taking some of these steps, we're happy to keep working with you to figure out what the problem might be in your specific case. That's why I asked, however: if your plan is to order us to "solve it" via code updates, future updates may never solve what's not working on your Mac if it's something specific to your particular setup rather than something that can be addressed through the code.

If you'd like to continue working on this, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/83170/1password-failed-to-connect-to-1password-mini-still#latest
    • Your forum username: TXLogic

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.