My password does not open 1password

Options
Myron
Myron
Community Member

I just got 1password and created a password that does not work!
how do i change it????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ver 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My password does not open 1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Myron! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password just now -- the first thing to try would be the steps found here to see if you can jog your memory and sign in.

If you're using an individual 1Password account or a local 1Password setup, and none of the above steps work, you'll need to follow the steps at the end of the page linked above to start over with a new 1Password vault. Let us know if you have any questions!

• Myron
    Myron
    Community Member
    Options

this does not work at all: "the steps at the end of the page linked above"

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Myron - were you referring to a Master Password for unlocking 1Password? Or did you mean you had used 1Password to generate a password for a website, and that's the password that's not working?

• Myron
    Myron
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased 1Password back in November and have not been able to open 1Password at all!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@Myron - I'm sorry for the trouble! When you say that you've been unable to open 1Password, can I ask you for a little more detail? If you have 1Password 6 for Mac on your Mac, what do you see when you double-click 1Password in your Applications folder? Do you see the lock screen, where you enter your Master Password? Or do you see the Welcome (new installation) screen?

ref: MRQ-19991-686

• Myron
    Myron
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1Password 6.8.5 for Mac on my Mac,
    When I double-click 1P 6 I see "Enter my Master Password" with the picture of a lock that is unlocked, but does not accept my password.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Myron That sounds like 1Password for Mac's lock screen. If you enter your Master Password and it's not unlocking, that means that either you're making a slight mistake in typing in your Master Password, or that the Master Password you think is the correct one isn't.

Can I ask: do you have data in 1Password for Mac that you need? Or -- if you're a new user -- is that existing vault mostly (or completely) empty?

If there's no data there that you need, you can follow these instructions to Start Over. You'll begin again at the welcome screen, with a chance to enter a new Master Password. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Myron
    Myron
    Community Member
    Options

I have no data in 1Password, I can't seem to get the passwords correct.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Myron - I see you've also written in to our email support as well; since we'll be discussing specifics of your individual 1Password setup, let's keep the conversation going over there instead of on this public forum. :)

This discussion has been closed.