unable to set up windows app

Options

I am having NO luck at setting up my wife's Win10 machine with the 1PW windows app.
No problem getting into the Family account from either My mac or wife's Win10.
On Win10, from wife's Fam account, we download the 1PW Win app; install, open the app and get the vault master PW login screen, not the set up screen i would expect; as a result the master password is not recognized due to the Key and the login not being entered.
This is not a new installation , but a restart from scratch, as the original install and set up went south

Help ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @lasllcap :)
    Sorry for the trouble. Is all your data currently in your 1Password Families account? If so, a way to fix your issue would be to reset the 1Password data on the computer and start from scratch. If the all the data is in the 1Password account, it will be restored after logging in. Do not use this solution if you have a standalone vault on the computer that is not synced or other un-synced or not backed up data.

Anyways, if you want to reset your 1Password data, follow these instructions. Be sure to click the "Windows" button on the page.

Cheers. :)

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Corey, it is indeed NOT a stand alone vault. There is no problem getting to the data on 1PW.com family accounts. Will do a reset in the morning
    R

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Alrighty then, @lasllcap. Let me know how it goes. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good. And keep in mind that resetting the 1Password app on a device won't affect any data stored in your 1Password.com account. We're here if you need anything else! :)

• lasllcap
    lasllcap
    Community Member
    Options

Well guys, thanks so much; who would have thought that this would have been so easy. How is it that you folks know all this stuff ?
    Anyway the Wife's Win10 machine is locked down and is a bit more resistant to the vagaries of those creatures that inhabit the Dark Web.
    Cheers, Roger

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well guys, thanks so much; who would have thought that this would have been so easy.

You're welcome! Glad to hear it went smoothly, but we're here if you run into any trouble. :)

How is it that you folks know all this stuff ?

You don't want to know. We figure this stuff out so you don't have to! :lol:

Anyway the Wife's Win10 machine is locked down and is a bit more resistant to the vagaries of those creatures that inhabit the Dark Web. Cheers, Roger

Cheers! :chuffed: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.