Option to increase timeout on browser extensions?

Options

I am wondering if there is a planned effort to implement an option for customizing the timeout period before needing to reenter the master password to unlock 1Password in the browser?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.121
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro v1709 build16299.19
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brocasbrain: You can change the timeout for 1Password in Settings > Security. There is no separate timeout for the browser, as it's fully the same app. We don't have plans to implement separate timers as it doesn't make sense. After all, if someone sits down at your computer and finds the main app locked, they can still get your data in the browser if you've allowed that to stay unlocked longer.

• brocasbrain
    brocasbrain
    Community Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

@brenty My apologies! I totally didn't realize that it was tied to the main app. Somehow I missed that.
    "#stupidenduser"

Thanks for the prompt response. I'm digging this MUCH better than LastPass!

• @brocasbrain: There are no stupid questions around here. Besides, mini and the main app are used separately for separate things from a user perspective. Thinking they're different isn't at all unreasonable. :chuffed:

I'm glad you're enjoying 1Password and, if we can ever do anything else to help, we're here for you. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.