To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

my password works on my laptop but not on my mobile app

Options
Xtina
Xtina
Community Member

Hi There!

I am new to this program and would like seamless access throughout multiple mac devices.

I have been using 1password on my laptop successfully for the past 2-3 months and my password still works fine on this platform. When I try and open the app on my iphone there is a notification that says that my password is invalid. I am not technologically savvy so I'm sure there's some user error on my part... but I dont even know where to start!

thanks for your help!
christina

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: 4.6.11.91
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:1password mobile

Comments

• Xtina
    Xtina
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't heard from you in an hour, passwords are incredibly important and time sensitive. I'm starting to think this might not be the right service for me. The fact that you don't have a phone number that I can use and that your response time is slow, makes me very concerned that if I actually needed help in an emergency, this program would in fact make make everything worse.

I'm sorry but I'm just very disappointed, I liked this service until now. Figured this feedback would be helpful if you want to retain customers.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Xtina! Seamless access to your 1Password data across devices and across platforms is indeed what a 1password.com account offers you. We can certainly get to the bottom of what's going on with your iPhone, but before we do that, i wanted to address your second post briefly, so we have a shared understanding of expectations.

Our support queues are answered on a first-come, first-served basis. We do answer each question as quickly as we can, and we strive to exceed people's expectations when it comes to response times. But we also can't account for the regular fluctuation in volume of support requests, and one hour is on the short end of response times. We're here to help, but if you consider a response time of less than an hour "slow," then you're correct that we won't meet your expectations every time.

Can you tell me a bit more specifically about the notification you're seeing on your iPhone? An incorrect Master Password shouldn't generate a message saying your password is invalid. Can you perhaps take a screenshot of what you see when this occurs? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.