To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can I apply my existing family license to an android installation?

Options
gertzse
gertzse
Community Member

I have a family license (not account). Can I apply it to an installation on an Android phone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Apply family license to andriod

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Unfortunately, no, you cannot. Android app purchasing and licensing is handled entirely by the Google Play Store. Google will not recognize licenses bought elsewhere.

Sorry :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hey @gertzse@gmail.com -- in the days before 1password.com accounts, licenses were sold on a per-person and per-platform basis. If you wanted to use 1Password on Mac, iOS and Android, you needed a license for each of those platforms. That's actually one of the best benefits of a 1Password account: the subscription includes unlimited access to ALL FOUR of our native 1Password applications, so no matter what configuration of devices you have, now OR in the future, you're covered -- including all future upgrades as well, for as long as you maintain the account.

Unlocking the Pro features of 1Password for Android can be done in-app, via Google Play -- but if you're considering an upgrade, now might be a particularly good time to check out a 1Password account. Let us know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.