Recent Item feature request

Michael Tennes
Michael Tennes
Community Member

I sure would like to see a Recent Item feature added to the 1Password Mini and browser extensions. I have thousands of entries in 1Password and I can find the particular item of interest. But, more often than not, I need to access that item more than once or several times. Even though the anchor button works, usually I don't know that I will need that item more than once and I absolutely hate windows that float above everything else.

If there was a Recent Item(s) menu item right next to the Favorites or if the last accessed item was available somehow, my day would be much better. Several times everyday I need this feature, enough to finally write this post.

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13
Sync Type: 1P.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi @Michael Tennes -- thanks for the suggestion! It's a neat idea, but although I don't make these decisions around here, I doubt it will see the light of day because of the security implications of keeping a record of sites visited/items viewed in 1Password. Part of 1Password's mandate is not only security but also privacy, and unless this feature came with a toggle to turn it on or off, I'm thinking it might put more users at risk than those like yours whose lives it would make easier. However, I'll see if there's interest here in something like this, and you never know! More than anything else, we appreciate you taking the time to share it with us; many of the features of 1Password you see today got their start at least in part from suggestions arising from the user community, so keep 'em coming! :)

ref: OPM-5018

• jeffbdvs
    jeffbdvs
    Community Member

Hi @Lars ,

If that is the case, then why does the latest update to the iOS version include a "Favorites" group, which includes your three most recent sites accessed? So here's a big +1 for adding a Favorites/Recent group to the browser extension and 1Password Mini.

Cheers,
    Jeff

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jeffbdvs - thanks for letting us know you're interested in this feature. :)

• Michael Tennes
    Michael Tennes
    Community Member

Lars, I am glad that as you said, " I don't make these decisions around here," Because, it's added to the iOS version just as I wanted it. Now, it just needs to be implemented in the macOS version and I know v7 is in the works.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Michael Tennes - I'll certainly pass along your interest in this feature. As you say, 1Password 7 is in the works.

This discussion has been closed.