I may have lost some of my passwords?

Options
dannys
dannys
Community Member

I.m using 1password 6.8.2
on a Mac 10.11.6

I had about 900 passwords, now I can see 390 but there's 600+ in the junk folder.
I am not sure how I got here !
It seems to me that the perhaps 400 of the passwords in the junk folder need to come back into my main password database, the other 200 are old and will cause me a bit of confusion if I put them back. Any ideas what I should do?

I have a lot of entries in my main password database that have the words 'recovered edit' against them from 11 oct. Sure on 11 Oct, I spent a few hours on the mac and iOS device cleaning up and organising my contacts.

And here's the most stupid question possibly, how do I move the passwords in the junk that i wish to retain into the main database. Dragging doesn't appear to work.

Best wishes

Danny

1Password Version: 6.8.2
Extension Version: 682003
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Thelauffer
    Thelauffer
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Danny!
    What a pickle. Before trying to move things back and forth again, have you thought about perhaps trying to restore a backup of your vault?

See this: https://support.1password.com/backups/

Hope that helps!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @dannys ,

It seems to me that the perhaps 400 of the passwords in the junk folder need to come back into my main password database, the other 200 are old and will cause me a bit of confusion if I put them back. Any ideas what I should do?

@Thelauffer's suggestion of restoring to a backup could be helpful, but before we do that, let's see if we can figure out what happened here. (Restoring to a backup can always be our last resort.)

I have a lot of entries in my main password database that have the words 'recovered edit' against them from 11 oct.

You mention doing clean-up on your Mac on October 11. Did this clean-up involve updating some apps? If so, that would explain this large number of 'recovered edit' items, as we made some changes to how 1Password handles items with unsaved edits in a recent update.

In previous versions of 1Password, the unsaved edits would be held in kind of limbo - you would be able to look at an item and see that there were edits waiting to be saved. As of 1Password 6.8, edits to an item are automatically saved when you navigate away from the item. So, items with the title 'recovered edit' means that you previously made changes to the item but did not hit 'Save'. When you updated to the latest version of 1Password, those edits were made into new items with the 'recovered edit' title.

I suggest doing an audit of your password database and confirming which of those recovered edits you wish to keep.

how do I move the passwords in the junk that i wish to retain into the main database. Dragging doesn't appear to work.

When you view an item's details from the Trash, you'll see a 'restore' button in the bottom corner of the item's details. Click that to move the item back to your vault.

I hope this helps, but if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.