1password pops to foreground on lock

Options

When 1password locks after not being used for a time, the application pops itself to the foreground to display the unlock prompt. This is very annoying on my home theater PC as it results in a huge login box on top of whatever movie I'm watching at the time. Is there a way to tell 1password via the options to just sit quietly in the background rather than raising its hand for attention?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• @mhartfield: It actually should sit in the background by default and I'm not able to reproduce this behavior. The only reason you should be presented with a lock screen is if you're attempting to use 1Password in some fashion (trying to fill in your browser, for example). What's the state of the main app when this happens for you? Is it in the background behind other windows? Minimized? Minimized to tray? Also, I see you didn't mention your extension version, so just so I'm covering all bases -- do you have the 1Password extension installed in the browser that's active at the time this occurs? These extra details will allow me to take a look at other scenarios and see if I'm able to reproduce this. Thanks! :chuffed:

• mhartfield
    mhartfield
    Community Member
    Options

@bundtkate The 1password Desktop app is in the background, usually not minimized. I have 1password for Chrome installed, it looks like version 4.6.12.90, according to the extensions page in Chrome.

This behavior occurs when I'm streaming YouTube or Twitch full screen via Chrome, so maybe it's because the browser's in the foreground?

Thanks.

• @mhartfield: I just gave that exact scenario a try (an excellent excuse to watch some football trick plays during work, thank you :wink: ) but am not seeing the same behavior myself. Let's take a closer look.

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Include a link to this forum post in your e-mail, please, to help us connect the dots back here when it shows up.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  If you post that number back here, that'll make sure we find your e-mail ASAP. Thanks! :)

• mhartfield
    mhartfield
    Community Member
    Options

Diagnostic sent, sorry it took me a while.

The support ID is:
    [#WJU-41969-684].

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mhartfield: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WJU-41969-684

This discussion has been closed.