Moving a vault from an older iPhone to a new one (1password standalone, using WiFi only!)

Options
CaptShaq
CaptShaq
Community Member

Hey y'all,

I have 1Password installed on my MacBook Pro (10.12.6) and my iPhone (iOS 11.0.3). I'm syncing between the two using ONLY wifi (trusted networks only). Not using (nor planning to use) any cloud services or online applications. Single vault (primary). Now I want to move my vault over from the old iPhone 6 to a newer iPhone 6s Plus (already have 1password app installed on it). What's the best way to do that (again - using WiFi only)?

Thanks

Shaq

1Password Version: 6.8.1 (681006)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6, iOS 11.0.3
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Corey_C
    Corey_C
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there @CaptShaq :)
    When you first open 1Password on your new phone, you should be greeted with a welcome screen. Scroll down to the bottom of that screen and one of the sync options under "Already using 1Password?" should be "WLAN Server". Tap that and follow the on screen instructions to get the sync all set up and you should be good to go. :+1:

Have a great weekend. :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @CaptShaq,

I hope Corey_C's instructions here were helpful. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• CaptShaq
    CaptShaq
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Yes, the instructions were very helpful and I appreciate his assistance and your follow up. I hope you’ll be keeping the stand alone version as a product - for me the ability to sync internally (even if it’s just an ad-hoc secure Wi-Fi network) without the need to step outside to (any) cloud is a security feature.

Thanks

Shaq

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update and the feedback, Shaq. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.