To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1Password6 identifies that trial expired on Mac

rossj00000
rossj00000
Community Member

Everything was working just fine on my MacBook Pro, then when preforming a website login using 1Password on Mac, it identified the trial had expired. I didn't know I was trialing the product as I have a license and have been using it for years with all Pro features. I was directed to a panel to purchase 1Password6. Things were still fully functional and working fine on my iPhone and iPad. I rebooted the Mac and logged into the 1Password6 app on the Mac and everything appeared to be back to normal. Safari extension 4.6.1 it working just fine. Any idea what happened?

1Password Version: 6.8.3 (683005)
Extension Version: 4.6.1
OS Version: macOS 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @rossj00000: Depending on how you purchased 1Password (Mac App Store or directly from us), what affects your license state is a bit different. That said, your extension looks to be pretty significantly out of date (we're on 4.6.12 now), so an update there couldn't hurt. :+1:

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member

Hi @bundtkate: Actually, I went into extensions in Safari today and it shows 4.6.11 yet I didn't do anything other than reboot my Mac. Regarding the extension should I just uninstall it, then try to re-install it? I'll look up the process for installing that specific extension. My license purchase was directly from AgileBits, and not through the Mac App Store.

• @rossj00000: It could well be that you just overlooked that extra 1 on the end there (I'm sure I've done that sort of thing at least once), but either way, the Safari extension should be updating automatically. 4.6.12 was a relatively recent release, so I doubt this is the source of your problem, but you can find an article to help you make sure it's properly set up to update automatically here.

Given you purchased 1Password directly from us, it's a bit odd that you'd see a reversion to trial mode. Since things corrected following the reboot, I'd expect this was just a hiccup, but just in case -- had you been using 1Password for some time when this happened or did this issue pop up following a reboot?

• rossj00000
    rossj00000
    Community Member

Hello @bundtkate. Regarding the Safari extension, upon further review it was 4.6.11 with automatic updates checked. I uninstalled and re-installed the extension, and now things on that front are current at 4.6.12 and also confirmed for automatic updates. I agree that I may have incorrectly reported it as 4.6.1, not 4.6.11. Thank you very much for understanding. :)
    Regarding the 1Password 6 app on my Mac when the trial expired notification was received, it had been at least 7-8 hours since the previous boot of my Mac. This was odd with the trial expired notification suddenly showing up within the app, so glad the reboot cleared that up.
    Thank you very much for your support!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of kate, you're most welcome! I'm glad that did the trick. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here if you need us. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.