please help, i get crazy. problems moving 1passw3 to 1pasw6. paid but still in trial modus. why???

sophie_janssens
sophie_janssens
Community Member

Dear friends from Agile Bites,
I'm trying to change from 1passw3 to 1password6. Can't find how to move all my old date into password6. Got a message that i need to uninstall password3, but lost that message by trying what they asked for. i seem to be directed the whole time from 1 page to the other without making any progress but getting deeper and deeper into a mess. the program also says the whole time that i am still in trial mode but that if i want i can pay 3€/month to upgrade, while i just paid 78$ to purchase my password6??? i don't understand anything of all these messages, but am just loosing massive amounts of time. please help me with a quick and easy way to 1) move all my old data from passw3 to passw6 and 2) to get password6 out of trial version and add the license that I just purchased... it seems to turn th whole time in circles when i try to do this...

Best,
Sophie

1Password Version: 6.8.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i get crazy of this program!

Comments

• Hi @sophie_janssens

We'd be happy to help you with that. Did you download 1Password 6 for Mac from our website, or from the App Store? If you purchased a license you'll need to use the version from us, not from Apple:

How to switch to the version of 1Password from the AgileBits website

You can learn about how to migrate your data from v3 to v6 here:

How to upgrade from 1Password 3 on your Mac

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• sophie_janssens
    sophie_janssens
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
    Since a few weeks, when I logged in into my old Password3, I always got a reminder that I had more than 20 different passwords and therefore needed to buy a license rather than using the old one (which i think was still for free?). So far I kind of neglected it, but today I decide to purchase by clicking on the link provided by that message, so I guess this means the application comes straight from you, no? I meanwhile got several mails from Agile Bits with a link to download the program as well as a link to the license. I think that one of the main things that might have gone wrong, is that I wrote that I was a new user rather than that I used 1passw before, when i opened 1passw6 for the first time. I did this because then I could see a first demo. Maybe this is why he did not automatically migrate my info?
    In the link that you just sent me it mentions that I first need to uninstall password3 and only then install password6 from the link provided by the email. Does this mean that I first should remove the password6 i already installed this morning as well? If yes, how to do that appropriately?
    Thanks a lot!

Sophie

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

@sophie_janssens - If you said you were a new user, then that means you would've likely created a 1password.com account. That's not what you want if you purchased a standalone license. Licenses and accounts are two different things. If you have a standalone license, you'll want to choose the "Search my Mac" option when you first run 1Password 6 for Mac.

Since you say you chose "I'm a new user" instead, what you need to do at this point is have 1Password for Mac running but locked (you can lock it with the lock icon at the top of the main 1Password window), if it's currently unlocked, then choose Help > Troubleshooting > Reset all 1Password data. This will reset 1Password on your Mac to its original, unused state.

Re-launch 1Password and you'll get the new user (Welcome) screen again -- from there, make sure you choose More options > Search my Mac to have it point to your old 1Password 3 for Mac data. That should get you taken care of!

• sophie_janssens
    sophie_janssens
    Community Member

Thanks, that was what I needed to know! Things look much better now!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@sophie_janssens -- Great! Glad to hear we were able to help you get things sorted out. Enjoy your day!

This discussion has been closed.