2 unique accounts for same site = trouble!

ctpdx
ctpdx
Community Member

My wife & I each have our own accounts with CapitalOne. We’ve created 2 entries in 1Password, with the same URL for both, and our unique login credentials.
The problem is that, when I use the iOS app to open my login entry (or my wofe’s) & pull up the CapitalOne site, the 1Password link on the bottom (the key) doesn’t show either CapitalOne entry. I can’t even search for CapitalOne. I’m forced to copy/paste credentials from the main login entry form, into the login page.
It’s weird & frustrating, and I’m hoping it’s just some user error that can be corrected!
Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ctpdx,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with 1Password. I think we're dealing with two separate things here, so let's pull the them apart and see if we can't get it all straightened out. :)

1. Two accounts for the same website

There are a few solutions I can think of here, but I'll need to know a bit more about how you're using 1Password in order to give you the best one.

• Are you using a 1Password account or sharing your 1Password data with your wife via a third-party sync solution?
    • Do you share all your data in one vault or do you use multiple vaults?

2. Your CapitalOne entry not showing up in the 1Password app extension on iOS

I'd like a bit more detail about this issue as well, as you should see your CapitalOne entry in the app extension when you are viewing the CapitalOne website.

• Were these entries added using 1Password for iOS or were they synced to the device from another app?
    • Do you see the CapitalOne entries in the main 1Password for iOS app?

The more detail you can provide here, the more quickly we'll be able to get to the bottom of this.

• ctpdx
    ctpdx
    Community Member

Hi Megan!
    Thanks for the quick reply! It’s nice to see such active support. :-)
    Your questions actually prompted me to take a look at something. I’d created my wife’s entry, this weekend, and I used the same url I had in my original entry. With that url, I was able to get to the login page, but the 1Password extension didn’t resolve to show any suggested logins, which was weird.
    So I copied the url for the login page that came up, and pasted it into my 2 account entries, and - lo and behold! - it worked exactly as I’d expect it to!
    As I thought, it was user error. But I appreciate the questions, which led me to figure out what I needed to change!
    Thanks so much!
    Carl

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2017

Hi Carl,

Whoo hoo! Thanks for letting me know you've solved it. I suspected that it had something to do with the url that was saved (I've run into a few of those in my own database!)

If you have any other questions about 1Password, don't hesitate to ask - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.