Firefox extension grayed on new 1 password 6

Options

I installed a 1 password version 6, deleted my old 1password 4.6, deleted my Firefox extension, and tried to add the Firefox extension to work with the new setup using the links that seem to install the 4.6 extension. It appears to install, but is grayed. For the way I work, this makes 1 password useless, because everything just takes MORE time without a working extension.
Help!

1Password Version: Can't find/
Extension Version: 4.6
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

I have this problem with my newly installed 1password 6. This is making me crazy. I've send an email request for help, but no answer. I shouldn't have done this update right before leaving on a trip, but I still really need an answer. I can't find anything equivalent to the response in the 6 version.

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

Is it possible for me to go back to 1password 4.6 (without losing all of my passwords) if there is no answer to making the new one work?

• bundtkate
    edited October 2017
    Options

@chriscob: This same setting is in Settings (cog wheel) > Options > Advanced in 1Password 6. Check the boxes for Enable native messaging for Firefox and Enable native messaging for Chrome. Like with 1Password 4, restart your browsers once you've enabled them to see if it fixes things. :+1:

ref: IMI-11277-276

• @chriscob: I replied to your post here, but since you mentioned the extension version in this thread, I'll cover that as well. 1Password 6 uses the same extension as 1Password 4, so you're all set there. Give my suggestion in the other thread a try and let me know what you find out. We'll get things sorted for you. :chuffed:

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I think I've got it and it's working now. Sorry for the confusion. I guess I haven't sorted out the difference between the web-based my1password.com and the 1password version 6.

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

OK, everything is working perfectly now. Once I got over that little understanding bump, I can see that this is a terrific improvement . Thank you!

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

OK, when I am in my1.password.com I click settings and I get Vault Details. I don't seem to be able to find Options anywhere. Is 1Password 6 not the same as this 1password.com thing I seem to have ended up in?

• @chriscob: Settings is in the main app, 1Password 6. This is the desktop app, not the website. If you don't have the main app installed, that may actually be the root cause of your problem. The extension needs the main app to work properly, so make sure you get the app and let me know if you're still having trouble with the extension. :chuffed:

• chriscob
    chriscob
    Community Member
    Options

Look up to the post I made at 12:40. Everything is fine . Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@chriscob: It seems your last message was posted with a delay. We are glad to hear that everything is okay now. :chuffed:

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again, we are always happy to help. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• skouzan
    skouzan
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1 password 6, and want to be able to install the extension for Firefox; when trying that, I am always redirected to 1 Password X with a request for monthly payment;
    How can I install the extension for the soft I payed for, somme time ago? (I don't want to pay again for something I don't need)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@skouzan: 1Password X requires 1Password account. Are you using 1Password 6 for Mac? If yes, please download our standard 1Password extension from here and let me know how it works for you. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.